Skip to main content
University of Detroit Mercy logo

University of Detroit: a history: Welcome

Introduction

The University of Detroit was founded in 1877 by the Jesuits. The orginal campus was located downtown on E. Jefferson. Today, only the Law School remains in that location.  In 1927, most of the university was moved to a new campus at Six Mile and Livernois.  In 1990, the University of Detroit merged with nearby Mercy College to become the University of Detroit Mercy.


The information in this libguide is found in Fr. Muller's history of the university,  Varsity News, the yearbooks, and other documents in the archives

Jesuit Faculty of Detroit College in 1890

Subject Guide

Cindy Gillham's picture
Cindy Gillham
Contact:
McNichols Campus Library
313-993-1810