Prof. Cristina Lockwood, Chair
Prof. Howard Abrams
Prof. Margaret Costello
Prof. Jacqueline Hand
Assoc. Dean Richard Broughton, ex officio
Professional Development Committee
The Professional Development Committee facilitates the professional success of faculty members by creating an environment that encourages scholarship expressed in publication and in presentations both within the law school and nationally and assist faculty members in improving their teaching skills.
For 2018-19 the Committee will:
1. Work with Associate Dean Broughton to present workshops on teaching for the faculty;
2. Oversee adjunct faculty, in coordination with Dean Broughton, including including arranging classroom visits by full-time faculty;
3. Consider whether to implement an open-door classroom where professors could observe other professors teaching during certain times of the year;
4. Work with the Diversity and Orientation Committees to ensure the law school holds yearly education sessions on diversity, inclusion, and cultural competency for faculty and administrators.
5. Make recommendations to the Dean on applications for sabbaticals under the law school’s Sabbatical Leave Policy.
6. Ensure that the newly adopted Mentorship Policy requirements are met for assignment of individual mentors and engagement in collective mentorship opportunities.