The Facilities Plan Advisory Committee (FPAC) was recommended by the MFA to Provost Zarkowski as a mechanism by which to enhance the communication process about the facilities' renovation, as well as a means by which to engage faculty and administration in an iterative process about the project as it relates to faculty, departmental, and educational means. The FPAC is advisory to the Provost and the McNichols Faculty Assembly.
1. To work in the spirit of shared governance, with an emphasis on collaboration, transparency, and working in a professional, colleagial manner.
2. To coordinate with facilities personnel to facilitate and ensure timely communication to the McNichols campus faculty and staff about project plans, developments, and upcoming transitions.
3. To provide communication to the Detroit Mercy administration and architects overseeing the construction project about faculty needs, requests, and support of the project plans.
4. To engage in an iterative process by which the administration will share ideas and questions with the advisory committee, who will then share such ideas and questions with the faculty. Subsequently, the advisory committee would share faculty responses with the administration in order to engage in and maintain a strong, working relationship.
5. To accurately support and effectively advocate for the needs and sentiments of faculty throughout this process, so that their effectiveness as teachers, researchers, scholars, advisors, and clinical supervisors may be enhanced.
Tammy Batcheller (Associate VP for Facilities Management and Campus Services)
Nancy Calleja (Department Chair, Counseling and Addiction Studies)
Mark Denham (Dean, College of Liberal Arts and Education)
Lori Glenn (McAuley Nursing)
Greg Grobis (Theater and Performing Arts)
Tadd Heidgerken (UDMPU rep)
Steven Huprich (Psychology, MFA Vice-Present) - Chair
Tom Manceour (VP for Finance and Administration)
Cheryl Munday (Psychology)
David Vandelinder (Director for Facilities Operations and Construction).