The Assessment Team shares best practices regarding assessment, reviews the assessment methodologies being used by each school, and identifies those schools in which assessment activities require improvement. This Team collects assessment information on a regular basis, compiles reports, and forwards information to key stakeholders including, but not limited to, Deans, members of the Assessment Team, and the Provost/VPAA. The Assessment Team analyzes collected data and makes recommendations concerning identified needs or gaps to enhance assessment, suggests continuing education, and documents strengths and weaknesses identified as part of assessment as well as efforts that occurred to address those needs.
The Assessment Team reports to the Provost/VPAA and is a twelve-member team with:
*The structure has been temporarily modified with the approval of the Shared Governance Task Force to reflect the elimination of the Director of Assessment position.
Alyssa Goike (term expires 8/23)*
Cara Cunningham-Warren (term expires 8/22)* - Secretary
School of Architecture and Community Development
Kristin Nelson (term expires 8/23)*
College of Business Administration
Mithu Bhattacharya (term expires 8/23)*
College of Engineering and Science
Mariam Faied (term expires 8/22)
College of Health Professions
Kelli Frost (term expires 8/22) - Co-Chair
College of Liberal Arts and Education
Elvita Kondili (term expires 8/22)
Jill Turner (term expires 8/22)
Core Curriculum Committee
Joe Weglarz (term expires 8/22)
Mary Mitsch (term expires 8/22) - Co-Chair
Karen Lee, Associate VP of Academic Affairs (term not limited)
Mike Verdusco, Director, Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (term expires 8/23)*
*Served two terms, ineligible for a third term.
2021-2022 Assessment Team Charges
1. Offer to meet, provide workshops or assistance to individual programs about programmatic assessment.
2. Collect the initial annual assessment reports from all academic, professional, and co-curricular programs by December 15, 2021.
3. Provide feedback on assessment reports.
4. Coordinate with the Core Curriculum Assessment Subcommittee as needed about the Core Assessment process.
5. Provide an update to the university community about the new assessment process and institutional outcomes.
6. Follow-up with the programs who received revision feedback on their assessment plans and provide support as needed.
2021-2022 Standing Charges for All Committees and Teams