The Mission Effectiveness Team develops ongoing education and promotion of mission fulfillment, coordinates awards to recognize those who foster the mission, and consistently seeks ideas from other similarly situated universities to promote even further the development of mission at Detroit Mercy.
Nine-member team which reports to the Provost/VPAA and through that office to other bodies as appropriate includes:
Erin McDonald (term expires 3/21)
Sisters of Mercy
Judith Mouch, RSM (term expires 3/21)*
Society of Jesus
Damian Torres-Botello, S.J. (term expires 3/21)*, Chair
Sonya Kowalski, CHP (term expires 3/20)
Mara Livezey, CES (term expires 3/21)
Brigette Murphy-Barbee, Business Manager, SOA (term expires 3/21)*
Divesh Byrappagari (term expires 3/21)*
Jordan Hall (term expires 3/20)
Julia Stocker-Schneider, CHP (term expires 3/20)
Amy Keyzer, Administrative Assistant, LIB (term expires 3/20)
Sean Novak, Associate Registrar (term expires 3/20)
*Served two terms, ineligible for a third term.
2019-2020 Mission Effectiveness Team Charges
1. Build a collaborative and cooperative relationship with with Dr. Catherine Punsalan-Manlimos, Assistant to the President for Mission Integration, to engage in dialog and activity while continuing to identify and develop goals and priorities that align with and support:
2. Work with the Office of the President to review / update the timeline for the Mission Awards.
3. Promote, solicit, and select recipients for the Vivere and Agere ex Missione Awards.
4. Reexamine proposed Guiding Values and resubmit foreview by the President’s Cabinet at the completion of the reexamination.
5. Begin developing a yearlong program through self-guided education and formation of the Mission Effectiveness Team by reading, reflecting, discussing, and understanding the following:
a. the stories of Catherine McAuley and Ignatius of Loyola;
b. the charisms of the Sisters of Mercy and the Jesuits;
c. the sponsoring orders' entrance into higher education;
d. the history of University of Detroit Mercy;
e. the findings of the self-studies;
f. the Critical Concerns (CC) and the Universal Apostolic Preferences (UAP);
g. the meaning of the CC and UAP for Detroit Mercy
Mission Effectiveness Team General Charges 2019-2020